Posted on: Monday 20 June 2022
Job title: Floor Manager
Experience : 0-2 years, 2-5 years, 5+ years
Apply online, click here.
Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the island..
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout it loud.
Our island community is everything and we are stronger together Every islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individually and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
What’s the role?
As a Floor Manager, you will maximise sales through developing a team focused on delivering excellent standards, great service and driving omnichannel. You will be leading by example with a hands-on approach. We expect our management teams to be multi-skilled to provide us with more flexibility having the ability to work across the store in any area.
You will suppoet business success by consistently delivering world class service and brand standards, whilst also being a brand ambassador helping to attract people who have a passion for fashion and share our brand values of being stylish, distinctive, fun, confident and fresh.
Our customer is at the heart of our business and you will be working with a passionate team who make people feel good by spreading the joy of fashion!
- Drive omni- channel sales and data capture through delivering the best service on the high street
- Increase conversion through customer engagement and spreading the joy of fashion
- Inspire customers using both verbal and visual engagement with the product
- Achieve and enhance brand standards including strong visuals
- Support achieving targets and drive key results through implementing strategic actions
- Use reports to make commercial and financial decisions that will increase profit
- Be aware of cost control, how to drive and protect profit
- Be fully responsible for all areas of retail risk and health & safety
- Coach and develop talent driving succession, creating strong teams
- Support the management team and take accountability in their absence
- Lead a team by motivating and encouraging teamwork to achieve goals
- Manage performance and give in the moment feedback
- Implement and delegate tasks with close follow up, but lead by example with a hands-on approach
- Ability to operate within different roles
- Recognise and adjust to change
- Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and deliver the detail
- Able to manage challenges and pressure, to adjust quickly to changing circumstances and find solutions supported by management
- Adaptability to variation in work, requiring you to be multi-skilled
- Fast paced and purposeful approach
- Deliver 100% compliance inline to all Company policies and processes
- Implement company decisions and take responsibility
- Seek advice from line Manager /expert and utilise team input when required
- Be well organised and capable of planning efficiently to deliver results
We’re looking for…
- Previous experience at Floor Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/ Team Leader looking for your next step up
- You may also be a small Store/Deputy Manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
- Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors
- Have good leadership skills
- Have experience in VM
- Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decision
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve and take accountability with good planning skills
Store Manager Designate
Posted on: Friday 17 June 2022
Passionate about beauty and health? Are you a leader with a good head for business? Can you get the best out of people – even when you’re under pressure? As a Superdrug Store Manager Designate, you’ll lead by example, inspiring your team to deliver great service to customers. In a fast-moving environment, you’ll know how to have fun too, while keeping store performance on track.
What you’ll need to succeed
Be willing to travel to a variety of stores locally until appointed into a store
Retail Supervisor/Assistant Management experience with a fast-moving high street retailer
Worked with or have an interest in beauty, fragrance and health products
Willingness to carry out piercing services for our customers (training provided)
Supporting in the delivery of exceptional customer service
Coaching and developing a team to deliver high operational standards and results
Managing/supervising various team sizes
Understanding of retail Key Performance Indicators; sales, profit & loss and service
- Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers
Here’s how you are rewarded
- Competitive pay and up to 33 days holiday
- Up to 30% discount for you and a nominated friend or family member
- Earn a bonus of up to 25% of your salary
- Competitions throughout the year to win a week’s wages during seasonal events, team nights out and much more
- Excellent training
- Internal progression opportunities
- Pension & Life assurance
- Reward & recognition scheme and long service awards
- Employee assistance programme with Retail Trust
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Come and be part of something special!
For more information and to apply, please click here.